Sunday, September 8, 2013

Rocks are not who they say they are.

Racetrack Playa, Death Valley California is most known for its mysterious sliding rocks. Yes, the rocks move and no one has ever seen them do so. Believe it or not, one of them was actually able to slide over 860ft. Lucky for us curiosity is a powerful thing, so a team of scientists went out to look for some answers. They concluded that winter ice flows and strong winter winds are the ones that caused the rocks movement over the years.



If you want to read more about the subject, click here: http://goo.gl/QOlxG

4 comments:

  1. This is very interesting. rocks are cool creatures.cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing!!! its so amazing that a rock move such a long with just wind and water.I would love to do an experiment on how it happens. i found this very interesting. i would love too rad your next entry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, charming! Rocks are truly amazing creatures. I've heard that someone pushes them every night. Now, that's a lot of daft, but creepy. (If you want to know what daft means, google it) I really want to know how this phenomenon really happens. Tata!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure that after I read a post in this blog I’m going to feel smarter than before. From now on I'll read your blog after math class.

    ReplyDelete